Steps to Configure DNS and Enable Sending in Mailgun #
1. Access your Mailgun account:
– Go to the Mailgun website (www.mailgun.com) and log in to your account using your login credentials.
2. Verify your domain in Mailgun:
– If you haven’t already verified your domain in Mailgun, follow the steps provided by Mailgun to add and verify your domain. Click here for more details on this setup.
Note: Mailgun also provides a detailed guide at the following link: Click here.
3. Obtain the necessary DNS records:
– Once you’ve verified your domain, Mailgun will provide you with the DNS records required to set up with your DNS provider. These records are specific to your Mailgun account and must be configured correctly for email delivery to work properly.
4. Access your DNS provider’s DNS settings:
– Log in to your DNS provider’s account, which is the service you use to manage the settings of your domains and DNS records.
5. Add the DNS records provided by Mailgun:
– Locate the DNS records configuration section in your provider’s interface and add the DNS records provided by Mailgun. This typically involves adding TXT and MX type records.
6. Save the changes and verify the configuration:
– After adding the DNS records, save the changes in your DNS provider’s DNS settings. Then, wait a few minutes for the changes to propagate across the internet.
– After waiting for the appropriate propagation time, verify the DNS configuration using tools like “Dig” or “nslookup” to ensure that the DNS records have been configured correctly.
7. Additional configuration (optional):
– Depending on your specific setup and additional requirements, you may need to perform additional configurations in Mailgun or your DNS provider. This may include configuring SPF, DKIM, or CNAME records as per Mailgun’s recommendations and requirements.
Once you have completed these steps, the DNS configuration to enable sending in Mailgun will be in place. Keep in mind that there may be variations depending on the DNS provider you use and the specific configuration options available in your Mailgun account. It’s always recommended to consult Mailgun’s official documentation and follow their recommendations for optimal setup.
It’s important to note that if you encounter difficulties or have questions during the DNS configuration, it’s advisable to contact the technical support of your DNS provider or Mailgun for personalized assistance.
Note: If you require additional guidance regarding your DNS in Mailgun, click here.