This component allows you to consume APIs using SOAP within wolkvox Studio flows.
It is located within the group of components called “Communications” and is available for all types of routing (Voice, Interaction, Chat, and CRM + Webhook).
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a standard communication protocol used to exchange information between web applications.
It is based on XML for data representation.
SOAP allows the use of standard HTTP verbs to perform different tasks such as updating information, deleting elements, retrieving data, etc.
The component allows you to consume APIs using the GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE methods.
- PUT Method: Used to update information of an existing resource on the server. Once the PUT request is made, the existing resource is overwritten with the new information sent in the request.
- POST Method: Used to send information to the server. For example, it can be used to send files or form data.
- GET Method: Used to retrieve information about a resource. Once the request is made, the response contains the requested information.
- DELETE Method: Used to delete a resource on the server. For example, wolkvox APIs have a method to delete agents.
- Write the URL for API consumption.
- Select the consumption method.
- Write element by element the contents required by the API in the header.
- Click on the “Add” button to add the element you want to include in the header.
- The table lists the elements that have been added to the header.
- In the “body” field, write the content required by the API.
- In “result,” write the variable to store the result of the consumption.
- Click on “Save” to apply the changes.