This component allows consuming APIs using REST within wolkvox Studio flows.
It belongs to the “Communications” component group and is available in all types of routing (Voice, Interaction, Chat, CRM + webhook) and Agent Scripting.
REST API is a way to connect applications to share information and perform tasks.
It is based on the HTTP protocol to allow systems to interact with each other efficiently and in a scalable manner.
REST API has various methods available to perform different tasks such as updating information, deleting items, retrieving data, etc.
The component allows consuming APIs using the GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE methods.
- PUT method: It is used to update information of an existing resource on the server. Once the PUT request is made, the existing resource is overwritten with the new information sent in the request.
- POST method: It is used to send information to the server. For example, it can be used to send files or form data.
- GET method: It is used to retrieve information about a resource. Once the request is made, the response is returned with the requested information.
- DELETE method: It is used to delete a resource on the server. For example, within wolkvox APIs, there is one for deleting agents.
This component allows writing the body format in two ways: “form-data” and “raw”.
- form-data: It is mainly used for sending form data. It sends the request body in plain text format. It even allows including attachments such as files.
- raw: It is mainly used for sending data in a specific format, such as JSON, XML, or plain text. The choice of body format depends on the type of data sent in the request.
Control timeout: It waits for a maximum of 60 seconds to get a response from the API; if the API consumption is not successful within that time, the component returns an error message called “Error consuming www.apiclient.com”.
If you want to go to the APIs documentation, click here.